Type and hit enter
BULGARIA INNOVATION HACKATHON
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The main goal of the Innovation Academy is to become an outsourced centre for shared knowledge between the Bulgarian Universities following the Ivy League Universities innovation centres model.
Historically the project has started in 2014 with a partnership with 1 university in the capital of Bulgaria, Sofia and in 2022 it will be nationwide with a partnership with 14 universities and educational centres.
More than 4680 participants and more than 737 teams has been trained up to now with more than 15% entrepreneurial ideas such as leARn, Vodoraslo, Vendy+, CheatBurger, HealthIt, EduBots, Your Sofia, CityIT, Adventure Squad, ParkNShare, StudyHub, Space Division, HubGround, OSimplants, WomanIcer, Plant Tube, etc. Some of the speakers of the event have been international guests such as: Charles Landry, the author of the creative city concept, Anthony Christov, former art director at Pixar, Lindsy Szilvasi, Innovation Space Manager in Google and many others.
- Funding of the idea of the winner team in the amount of 10,000 BGN provided by European Investment Bank.
- Funding of the idea of the runner-up team in the amount of 10,000 BGN provided by Bulgarian Development Bank.
- A visit to the European Institutions in Brussels provided with the institutional support by the European Commission in Bulgaria for the teams in the first three places.
- Award by the Ministry of Economy of Republic of Bulgaria: National Winner in the European Entrepreneurial Awards Contest 2019.
- Award by the Ministry of Economy of Republic of Bulgaria: National Runner-up in the European Entrepreneurial Awards Contest 2017
- Award by the European Commission for a project investing in entrepreneurial skill in students in Bulgaria: 2016 and 2019